All Tread The Boards teachers are available for private tuition .
- Alison offers LAMDA drama exams, audition prep sessions, public speaking, monologue work and all aspects of actor training.
- Kirsty offers musical theatre, classical and pop/jazz singing with London College of Music, Trinity, ABRSM and Rock School boards as well as singing lessons for pleasure, repertoire building and exploring different styles.
- Hayley offers Freestyle, Lyrical, Contemporary, HipHop, Street, Line, Ballet and Tap dance, general performance and technique, and choreography.
Please enquire for rates and times before or after classes, or by emailing us – and look out for exciting news about tuition services in January!
LAMDA speech and Drama examinations are offered as an optional extra for students from age 6 upwards. Taught by Drama teacher and director Alison Morgan, twenty minute weekly sessions are taken on Saturday mornings or at students’ convenience. Tutoring begins in January and exams are taken in July. LAMDA (The London Academy Of Music And Dramatic Art) is the largest Examination board of Speech and Drama examinations and is renowned worldwide. Higher grades count towards UCAS points. Through a range of examinations LAMDA aims to:
- Improve standards of communication through the spoken word
- Develop an appreciation for literature and drama
- Through examination provide a record of personal achievement.
- Provide a framework through which individuals can develop
- Support the creative, social and intellectual development of an individual
- Build confidence and self esteem
- Enable students to acquire skill certification
IDTA Freestyle Exams
Dance examinations are offered as an optional extra for our students of all ages. IDTA (International Dance Teachers’ Association) Medal tests are taught by Dance Teacher Hayley Patrick, and involve being examined in one or two dance routines in a group or individually. No extra practice time is needed, as all routines will be taught in class. These examinations are suitable for all students from age 3 upwards. The medal tests focus on Freestyle Dance, through Bronze, Silver and Gold medals and advancing through the Bars, Stars and President’s Awards to the International Supreme Award. For the medal tests and higher awards, the dances are choreographed by the teacher and build in length and complexity according to the level taken.